My favorite quote from Dr. Seuss provides us with the perfect entree into today’s post;
“WHY FIT IN WHEN YOU WERE BORN TO STAND OUT?”
While the overwhelming majority of people are simply trying to fit in, the smart cookies are doing everything they can to stand out.
The following are seven ways to STAND OUT from the crowd and manage your own personal brand:
- Question Management: When someone asks you a question, make sure they get an answer bigger, richer and far more thought provoking than they ever expected.
- Problem Management: When someone brings you a problem, bring them a solution that not only solves the problem, but which also delivers an opportunity for them to capitalize on.
- Project Management: When someone gives you a project, see to it that they get a plan that is bolder, more ambitious and more detailed than they hoped for.
- Deadline Management: When you take on a task, finish it under budget, before deadline, and with a cheerful attitude.
- Conflict Management: When a customer has a concern, go the extra mile as a policy, exceed expectations, and blow their mind by your professionalism and responsiveness.
- Quality Management: When you do your work, make your name and results synonymous with excellence, consistency, originality, and speed.
- Meeting Management: When you participate in a meeting, anticipate questions, come fully prepared, and contribute your ideas with clarity and conviction.
If you think about it, individuals are not much different from companies.
Having a trusted personal brand, or reputation, nets you the same advantages as a company.
You’re likely to foster loyalty, be trusted, be forgiven for occasional mistakes, and earn more money, especially if you develop a reputation for delivering insanely good and consistent results.
We all build, manage or destroy our personal brand every day through our character, choices, attitudes and actions.
If you want to be the one that people seek out, then follow these strategies to ensure that you stand out!
WHAT TO DO NOW? Consider what it will take for you to stand out from the crowd.