Search wherever you will for a single sound argument against the discipline of self-discipline, and you will not find it, nor will you find a single instance of enduring success which was not attained in large part due its application.
EVERY goal you want to achieve requires the enforcement of self-discipline, self-control and self-awareness. There is no other way.
To build a solid reputation with yourself and others, to earn more money, to be in great shape, and to ensure success in any area of your life, you must learn the discipline of:
- Looking for solutions rather than focusing on problems.
- Going the extra mile and exceeding expectations.
- Consistently adding value to your customers.
- Eating healthy foods and proper nutrition.
- Proper preparation and thorough planning.
- Saving and investing more than spending.
- Writing a thank you note to a customer.
- Managing your time and commitments.
- Giving more than you receive.
- Paying your bills on time.
- Honoring your commitments.
- Exercising self-control.
- Keeping your promises.
- Telling the truth.
In short, you must learn the discipline of self-discipline.
One of the great benefits of self-discipline is that each act you engage in comes with a corresponding reward.
For each failure you experience, you find new lessons and wisdom.
As you overcome each challenge, you gain new understanding.
With each success you achieve, your confidence grows.
With each loss, you gain empathy and humility.
For each book you read, you gain knowledge.
EVERY act of self-discipline in life bears desirable fruit.
WHAT TO DO NOW?: Share your thoughts on this post and the importance of self-discipline.