There are no words that are as great nor as powerful as the words “I CAN, I WILL, I MUST.”
There is strength, conviction, depth, solidarity, decision, focus, confidence, and sheer determination in the loud, ringing tone which punctuates their delivery.
The words “I CAN, I WILL, I MUST” send an advance message to your mind and to those within earshot.
It’s a message of triumph over adversity, of victory in the face of great resistance, of the strength, will, and personal constitution to PERSEVERE UNTIL THE END.
And, in this message…you’ll learn that while it may lack the nobility of integrity, the charisma of enthusiasm, the grace of generosity, and the sparkle of excellence, the true beauty of gritty perseverance is that, in time, it always makes up for that which it lacks as there is great virtue and glory in never giving up!
There is a special kind of magic in developing gritty perseverance.
- It intimidates and eventually conquers all opposers and obstacles.
- It fuels you with the confidence of a champion.
- It stares down and annihilates resistance.
- It attracts reverence and respect as everybody believes in a determined soul.
Gritty perseverance has no peers, it’s more important than talent, more powerful than intelligence, and far more resilient than the best strategy.
With ordinary talents and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable.
Gritty Perseverance is a long slow obedience in the same direction, it is:
- Working by day and going to school at night for a number of years to earn a degree.
- Obtaining your Black belt after six years of hard, strenuous study and practice.
- Running a marathon when you suffer from asthma or some other ailment.
- Winning a huge deal after years of setbacks, rejections and competitive liabilities.
- Watching a small child crawl, fall, stumble, and finally learn to walk.
Nothing concentrates the mind nor tests your character quite like a BIG DEMANDING GOAL – the desire to be something better than you are, to be the complete person that you are meant to be.
But before a goal, any goal is achieved you will experience and envision both triumph and tragedy. That is precisely why you need to develop gritty perseverance.
Be thankful for all obstacles, for they are your practice ground, as each new victory prepares you for a greater future victory.
Use this message to mentally prepare yourself to embrace the power of perseverance, and determine in advance that you will rise each time you fall as your decision to be, have and do something out of the ordinary entails facing difficulties that are out of the ordinary as well.
That’s why your greatest asset is simply your ability to stay with it longer than anyone else.
Make this an extraordinary day by doing something, big bold and beautiful.
Gary Ryan Blair