EVERYONE has a favorite tool, strategy or tactic, something that they prefer among all others.
For instance, golf professionals are adept at using every club in their bag, but there’s one in particular that they prefer better than all the rest.
Great cooks have a special knife or pan . . . painters are partial to a certain brush . . . and photographers talk about a special lens that gives them the type of image they prefer.
Tools needn’t be physical items. Consider the psychologist who uses a specific line of questioning she has found to be reliable, or the car salesperson who can sell anything but prefers mini-vans because he relates well to families.
Anything you use to do what you are paid to do is a tool.
“What’s your favorite tool?”
Allow me to explain why I’m posing this question…you see, your innate talents take on a new level of importance when you think of them as tools.
Gaining proficiency with any tool requires practice, practice, practice. If you want to really excel at whatever is you do, start practicing your forgotten tools.
What are your forgotten tools?
No matter what you are paid to do, your best tool is one you carry with you everywhere. You have a collection of natural abilities – often referred to a strengths or talents – that are perfectly suited to help you standout.
By focusing on your forgotten tools, you can maximize your efforts in surprising ways.
To do so, ask yourself three questions:
1. How often do I intentionally practice using my native genius?
2. When was the last time I took a critical inventory of my best tools?
3. What could I do to take my innate genius to a higher level of success?
My favorite tool is my Personal Strategic Plan.
I use it to create a blueprint for optimizing my life, my business and my family. It is based on the theory that life will not go according to plan, if you do not have a plan.
Once created, I use this tool to guide my decisions and actions as everything I say, think and do takes me one step closer to or further from my plans fulfillment.
As a result of using this planning system for over a decade, I have been able to:
– Pay off both of my mortgages.
– Eliminate all debt.
– Invest in several commercial real estate projects which all have positive cash flow.
– Travel to 34 countries. Most of them also visited with my wife and children.
– Build the world’s best goal setting program that is being used daily by people from 86 different countries worldwide.
– Write a #1 Best Selling book.
– Work with over 60% of the Fortune 500.
– Secure a comfortable retirement.
– Get and stay in the best shape of my life.
– Contribute my time and resources to charities, relief programs and people doing good work to solve problems and advance humanity forward.
and so much more…
So why am I telling you all of this?
It’s actually very simple, I believe that you have so much more potential than you are currently utilizing, and that one of the primary reasons for that under-performance has a lot to do with lack of focus, and a severe lack of planning
Personal Strategic Planning is the solution to that problem as you NEED to have a plan that directs your thoughts, actions and outcomes.
And as mentioned earlier, your life will not go according to plan if you do not have a plan. Unfortunately, most people and organizations are operating without a well defined plan for their future.
If you’ll allow me, I’d like to help you create a life plan that positions you for greatness. I’ve put together a life planning program (the one that I use) that walks you through the entire process, and which you can use to fast track any outcome you desire.
So why not mark today as the day you decided you are going to build your master plan for success?
Get started today, you’ll be glad you did!